- To categorize the member countries by performance in competitions.
- To motivate the member countries to have performance competition goals.
- To reward the member countries on their performance in ACC competitions.
The rankings for 2011 - 2012 will stay in place until December 2014
- The ACC ranking system is based on a two-year cycle for men’s cricket, as the range of age-group tournaments and ACC Trophy are completed over 2 years.
- The rankings are determined on the teams’ placings in the ACC Trophy, ACC U-19 and U-16 Cups.
- The teams with the minimum aggregate ranking points, based on their finishing positions in the tournaments are ranked highest.
|ACC Trophy Elite 2012||ACC U-19 Elite 2011||ACC U-16 Elite 2012||FINAL COMBINED|
||1. Afghanistan||1. Malaysia||1. Nepal (5 points)|
||2. Nepal||2. Nepal||2. Malaysia (12 points)|
||3. Qatar||3. Oman||3. Afghanistan (15 points)|
||4. Hong Kong||4. Singapore||4. Hong Kong (16 points)|
|5. Hong Kong
||5. UAE||5. Thailand||5. UAE (18 points)|
||6. Bahrain||6. Bahrain||6. Oman (19 points)|
||7. Malaysia||7. Hong Kong||7=. Bahrain (24 points)|
||8. Thailand||8. Iran||7=. Singapore (24 points)|
|9. Saudi Arabia
||9. Singapore||9. Kuwait||9. Thailand (27 points)|
||10. Oman||18. Saudi Arabia*||10. Kuwait (28 points)|
|11. Qatar (29 points)|
|ACC Trophy Challenge 2012||ACC U-19 Challenge 2011||ACC U-16 Challenge 2012||12=. Bhutan (38 points)|
|Ranking/Points||Ranking/Points||Ranking/Points||12=. Iran (38 points)|
|11. Singapore||11. Saudi Arabia||11. Afghanistan||12=. Saudi Arabia (38 points)|
||12. Kuwait||12. UAE||15. Maldives (40 points)|
||13. Bhutan||13. Qatar||16. China (44 points)|
||14. China||14. China||17=. Brunei (53 points)|
||15. Iran||15. Bhutan||17=. Myanmar (53 points)|
||16. Maldives||16. Maldives|
||17. Brunei||18. Myanmar*|
||18. Myanmar||18. Brunei*|
(*) Did not participate
- The top two teams in each Challenge competition are promoted into the following two-year cycle’s Elite Division.
- The bottom two teams in each Elite competition are relegated to the Challenge Division in the following cycle.
- The ACC Twenty20 Cup participants in 2013 will be those who are in the ACC Trophy Elite of 2014, ie the top eight from ACC Trophy Elite 2012 and the top two from ACC Trophy Challenge 2012.
- The ACC Women’s Tournaments are not included in the rankings system as not all members are participating in them.
- Countries who have not participated or are disqualified are given 18 points for each tournament missed.